God promises that He is always watching- I will not falter.
1Cor 10:13 “No temptation or trial has seized (come to) you that is not common to man, and God is faithful; He will not let be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out or through so you can stand up under it (escape).”
God looked through eternity past and he saw you and he chose to reach out and redeem you by his grace. It’s hard to imagine that kind of love. That’s why He can’t keep his eyes off you!!
Faltering is a sober word describing someone going down, under, giving in, losing it the battle. The pressure is great and at times in this world (losses, illness, fears of unknown- uncertainty) that we would be without his great and precious promises. Serious days require serious promises.
Is 43:1 says He who created and formed you O Israel- ‘Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name you are mine.’
He has redeemed us and He goes with us: Don’t be afraid- I have summoned you by name you are mine: When you pass through the waters I will be with you. This is a great promise and treasure. It might get deep-His Presence is in the deep waters, rivers and fire. You’re going through it because that’s where you will find God. Like the Hebrews, we have a spiritual heritage- He leads us in difficult seasons. We are not going under or being swept away or even burned in the fire. We will emerge.
Daniel 3- Is about God in the fire with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego- You know the story. They would not bow to Nebuchchenezzer’s god. Into the oven made 7 Xs hotter, even killing the guards. But their God delivered them- He “Like the son of the gods,” a pre-incarnate Christ was in the fire with them. Not a hair of their heads singed or even a smell of smoke was present. “Blessed is the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Away we go” one preacher said.
You’ve got to know He sees you too- He’s not missing a single detail- He is watching. At some point of the trial He will say enough.
I love how He watches. In Zephaiah 3:17, “The Lord is with you He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love He will rejoice over you with singing/gladness/dancing.” He is not like a hawk at 10,000 feet watching for you to fail- He is close not to condemn but to cheer and guide. Trusting in God’s promises leads to bold living. He is not like a judgmental or cantankerous Church Lady on Saturday Night Live.
Ps 31:8 says, “God has set my feet in a broad place” on a rock where I can stand firm. We are not going to fall.
1.The eyes of the Lord are on us- Prov 5:21- a man’s ways are before the eyes of the Lord..keeping watch of good and evil.
2. The eyes of the Lord are synonomous with what’s right and true. Do what is right in the eyes of the Lord- Honor him.
3.Eyes are attentive to His own- 1 Pe 3:12 “The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. Because you love Christ and He you, He pays special attention.
4. His eyes are searching for people to bless- 2 Chron 16:9- “His eyes run to and fro through out the whole world to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward Him.”
5. Grace- Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
Is 43:3-4- “You are precious in My eyes, and honored and I love you.” You are valued by the Lord- He loves you and He choose you from the foundation of the world.
NO Trial or Temptation will take you down!
God isn’t going to allow temptation and trial in your life that you can’t handle as you trust in Him. God tempts no one, it is Satan. Trials are meant to make you strong (mature and complete)- the trial is not going to last forever and you will overcome it- God is faithful. Job had trials (aweful) but God protected him in the end.
You may think your trial is beyond you- God knows you better than you do- God is faithful.- I will not falter- I can keep going.- He will provide a way of escape. You may say, I could really use an off ramp – He will provide it.
· God might end the trial right now-He can pull you out of the fire- Persevere. My eyes are getting better
· He might give you encouragement to keep going. You are not alone in the trial- encourage one another.
· He gives you wisdom to act- Ask Him and He will give generously- He will show you a new angle.
· He gives you strength to persevere. – He will energize you for a new season- enough for today.
· He gives you someone to share the burden- Let others in on your struggle- He will bless us with comforting assurance of friendship. Someone walking the same road or who has walked it.
· He gives you a few days of relief- an oasis in the middle of the desert. He will give it- take it- look for His way of escape not your own. Humble yourself and He will lift you up. Rest completely in the promise that He is watching out for you. He’s looking for people who want to feel His strength, on whose behalf He can show Himself strong.
Lord, thank you that you are faithful. You are with me. You are in control . You are good. And you are watching. You know just when I’m in real need of a temporary or permanent way of escape- and you provide it! What an amazing truth that I can count on even though I may not see the exit until I need it. I don’t have to fear no matter what circumstances come because you are with me. Thank you for the escapes you have already provided. Cause me to remember them when I’m tempted to think that I’m stuck in a situation with no way out. With you, there’s always a way out, through, around , or over! How good and faithful you really are. AMEN